Holy Week, this year 9th to the 16th of April, is the hinge of the Christian year. It is the end of Lent, and the symbolic reenactment of the events of Jesus’ Passion, death, and Resurrection. Following a procession representing Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, weekday masses and morning and evening prayer will continue as normal from Monday to Wednesday. There are then special liturgies recalling the Last Supper and the Agony in the Garden on Maundy Thursday, the Passion and Crucifixion on Good Friday, and the Resurrection on the night of Easter Eve, marking the beginning of the season of Easter. These are among the most powerfully moving ceremonies of the Church, and the mysteries to which they point are the source and centre of our faith. All are welcome to come and share in the wonder of the death and Resurrection of the Lord.
- Sermon—Easter Day (The Revd Anne Haselhurst) Wednesday 19 April 2017
- Sermon—Fifth Sunday of Lent: Passion Sunday (The Revd Anne Haselhurst) Thursday 6 April 2017
- Services for Holy Week Tuesday 28 March 2017
- Newsletter—Easter 2017 Saturday 18 March 2017
- Sermon—Sunday before Lent (The Revd Anne Haselhurst) Monday 27 February 2017