The organ

Built in 1923 by Hill, Norman and Beard

The organ dates from 1923, when the church building was completed.

It is a two manual and pedal instrument by William Hill and Son and Norman and Beard Ltd., in a case by Nathaniel Hitch.

Another Hill, Norman and Beard organ can be found in St Bride’s, Glasgow.

The instrument is regularly maintained and is still in original condition. It was awarded an historic organ certificate by the British Institute of Organ Studies in 2011 and is listed on the National Pipe Organ Register.

All Saints' organ pipes

Swell

  • Geigen Principal: 8
  • Rohr Flote: 8
  • Echo Gamba: 8
  • Voix Célestes: 8
  • Gemshorn: 4
  • Horn: 8
  • Cor Anglais: 8

Great

  • Open: 8
  • Hohl Flute: 8
  • Dulciana: 4
  • Principal: 4
  • Harmonic Flute: 4
  • Fifteenth: 2

Pedal

  • Bourdon: 16
  • Bass Flute: 8
  • Swell to Great
  • Swell to Pedal
  • Swell Octave
  • Swell Suboctave
  • Swell Unison OV
  • Great to Pedal
  • Three thumb pistons to Swell
  • Three thumb pistons to Great and Pedal
  • Three toe pistons to Swell
  • Three toe pistons to Great and Pedal
  • Great to Pedal (reversible) on foot piston
  • Trigger Swell pedal